Diamond Buying Occassions
As the saying goes, "diamonds are a girl's best friend". And although women should not hesitate to buy their man a diamond, diamonds are generally associated with females. So, if you are thinking about buying someone a diamond, whether that is your signifcant other, family member, close friend, or just a special person in your life, you should learn their personal style and more about diamonds so you do not go wrong. Let's review some appropriate times to buy that special someone a diamond.
- Engagement/Wedding- if you are planning on asking your significant other to marry you, a symbolic measure of your love is the beautiful ring you will put on his or her finger. In general, the man asks the woman to marry him, so remember to find a ring that fits your future wife’s personality and taste. If you, as a female, decide to buy your future groom an engagement or wedding band, also remember to keep his personal style in mind and consider what he will feel the most comfortable wearing.
- Anniversary- if you are spending your life with a special someone, anniversaries are a great way to symbolically show your love. Anniversary bands are always a nice idea and the official stone for the 10th anniversary is the diamond. However, other pieces of jewelry can also be appropriate to buy your love. Earrings, pendants, and watches are wonderful gifts.
- Birthday- if you wish to buy someone a diamond for his or her birthday, any type of jewelry is appropriate. April’s birthstone is a diamond, so it may be especially suitable for someone with a birthday in that month. This occasion can truly be about the individual, choosing from the many colors, shapes, and sizes.
- Valentine’s Day- if you are celebrating this holiday with a special someone, a piece of pink diamond jewelry can represent your romantic side.
- Christmas (or other holidays)- if you are caught by one of the many popular jewelry store commercials around Christmas time, and decide to buy someone a piece of diamond jewelry, you can’t go wrong. This holiday tends to focus more on necklaces, earrings, and watches.
- To show your love- if you want to surprise someone in your life with a nice piece of jewelry, any type of diamond will be sure to catch the eye.