· Be sure to provide appropriate references when necessary. Take care not to plagiarize.
· When should you reference materials in your paper?
· In college courses, we are continually engaged with other people’s ideas: we read them in texts, hear them in lecture, discuss them in class, and incorporate them into our own writing. As a result, it is very important that we give credit where it is due. Plagiarism is using others’ ideas and words without clearly acknowledging the source of that information.
· How Can Students Avoid Plagiarism
· To avoid plagiarism, you must give credit whenever you use
· another person’s idea, opinion, or theory;
· any facts, statistics, graphs, drawings—any pieces of information—that are not common knowledge;
· quotations of another person’s actual spoken or written words; or
· paraphrase of another person’s spoken or written words.
· (Taken from: http://www.indiana.edu/~wts/pamphlets/plagiarism.shtml)