School Admission Requirements
Each year approximately 25 students are selected to begin an intensive 12 month program to prepare for a career as a practical nurse. MUST:
- Be commited to the care of the ill.
- Have on file: a completed application, proof of GED or high school graduation, and references.
- Disclose all misdemeanors, and anything that occurs during the school year must be disclosed within 7 days of the offense.
- Pass a pre-admissions exam. Remedial classes may be required to upgrade basic skills.
- Be interviewed with nursing faculty.
- Complete a physical, PPD or chest x-ray, immunizations for hepititus B, as well as other immunizations as recommended by the Center for Disease Control, Rubella Titer, and a dental examination.
- Submit to a National background check.
- Complete a drug screen.
- Be physically active and be able to lift 50 lbs frequently.