Following completion of the course, the graduate practical nurse will be able to:
- Care for the ill regardless of sex, race, creed, national origin, or culture.
- Recognize signs of common illnesses and asses that illness.
- Utilize communication skills to obtain data and perform nursing needs.
- Document data using standard medical terminology.
- Assist RN and health care team.
- Implement the nursing interventions through direct care to accomplish the specified goals of care plan.
- Evaluate and recognize the need for adjustment of nursing interventions.
- Promote health, nutritional, and safety standards within your community.
- Utilize ethical principals and legal considerations to become a safe and conscientious practitioner.
- Convey a professional image.
- Maintain theory and clinical competencies which a practical nurse would be expected to perform, thus qualifying for application for State Board Examination for licensure as an LPN and subsequent renewal of license.
- Value the need for continued learning for professional developement by participating in continuing education and the requirement of renewal of license.