News and Information Sources
1. The Gate Way http://www.thegateway.org/ This site has a lot to offer. The site has over 40,000 ideas for lesson plans,
a refined search engine, grade level acceptance and it sponsored by The US Department of Education, ED.gov.
2. Medline Plus http://medlineplus.gov/ This site has many areas of Health Education to choose from. This would be a
great reliable source for teaching resources and up to date information. This site also has information that can be directed
at parents for health education.
3. Discovery School http://school.discovery.com/ This site has lesson plans on health knowledge with the refined field to choose
which grade level you would like to pick.
4. Cnn http://www.cnn.com/ This site has good information. The Health section is a little hard to maneuver through but once at
the health library you can find some really good breaking new information. I really thought the, Clean your hands: A simple way
to prevent infection, was a good source for student to learn proper hand washing techniques.
5. MayoClinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/index.cfm This site has great information for parents as well as teachers. This seems like
a great way to keep your students parents involved in their health, to promote healthy lifestyles.